Why have a good website when you can have a GREAT website
So what makes a website great. Serenity Web Designers tries to brake down the barriers to the mysteries of great design and Search Egime Optimisation (SEO). You will find a multitude of web design and SEO companies on the internet all claiming to have cracked the “Google Algorithm”. So what’s the Google Algorithm I hear you ask. Well it’s a complicated mathematical code that Google uses to decide where websites should be placed in its directory. As for cracking the Google Algorithm… well I’m afraid no one can claim to have done that. Google plays its cards very close to its chest. Only a select few can claim to know the code. All we can do is try to read between the lines as to what google are looking for in a great site. So here’s a brief look at what you can do to make your site great:
- Make your site informative. Fancy images and flash animation is one thing but the search engines want to read text to find out what your website is all about.
- Don’t make the mistake of writing your text for the search engines, write it for your customers. Include your keywords in the text. Maybe 3 to 5% of your text should be your keywords. If it reads well to your customers it will read well to the search engines too.
- Make your title informative. If your selling burgers then tell the world through your title that your selling burgers.
- Include “Alt” tags in your images. Alt tags are small pieces of code that the search engines can read to know what your images are all about.
- Try and get some links to your website from other similar websites. Can be easier said than done. However link building can really help your SEO campaign.